Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Holidays to all!
Classical Hatha Yoga Classes Thursday evenings at 5:30pm
$10 drop-in Classes are back!
Yes, our open classes are here at Bridge & Enrich Lives, home of the Sivananda Centre.
Come and enjoy our World Famous 90 minutes Sivananda Yoga Class at Bridge & Enrich, 718 East 20th Ave. at Fraser, Vancouver
Join our 90 minutes classical hatha yoga classes open to most levels of students (Some experience preferable).
After the opening mantra, enjoy breathing pranayama exercises for a few minutes.
This is followed by 6 rounds of Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) that will prepare and warm you up.
Then experience our world famous 12 asanas series (postures) with variations.
Short relaxations between postures contribute to absorb all the benefits.
Class ends with a 15 minutes final relaxation followed by closing mantra.
This yoga class is energizing and relaxing.
Cost: $10 per class
Bridge & Enrich, 718 East 20th Ave. at Fraser, Vancouver
Teachers: Sri Venu & The Sivananda Team
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre Vancouver
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre Vancouver Participant PAR-Q Information Sheet
If you are between the ages of 15 and 69, the PAR-Q will tell you if you should check with your doctor before you start exercising. If you are over 69 years of age, and you are not used to being vary active, check with your doctor before you start an exercise program.
Common sense is your best guide when you answer these questions. Please read to the questions carefully and answer each one honestly to yourself yes or no.
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem (for example, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you answered YES to one or more questions: Talk with your doctor by phone or in person before you start becoming much more physically active. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which questions you answered YES.
Confirm reading and answering at email@example.com